Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie – A deliciously thick and creamy banana smoothie that is loaded with peanut butter flavour. The most perfect indulgent smoothie to have for breakfast or a snack!
You have all been LOVING my Banana Breakfast Smoothie (the most popular smoothie on the blog), so I think it’s time for an indulgent upgrade.
I bring you my Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie – an incredibly thick and creamy smoothie that is bursting with banana and peanut butter flavour. The pair go so well together in this smoothie, making it a totally indulgent drink to enjoy for breakfast or a snack!
This recipe makes three servings, and is high in fibre and protein, making it super filling. You will also get a decent amount of Vitamin C and calcium.
How to make Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
Here’s a list of ingredients you’ll need to make this drink. You can find my recipe card at the bottom of this post for the complete list with their amounts.
- Bananas: You’ll need 2 medium bananas (about 6 – 7 inches in length), sliced and frozen. Using frozen bananas makes for a thick smoothie without the need to use ice.
- Smooth peanut butter: I love and use Whole Earth Organic Peanut Butter.
- Greek-style yogurt: I use full-fat, but 0% fat works too.
- Almond milk: Or any milk you prefer.
- Vanilla extract
- Honey, maple syrup, or agave: For added sweetness. Depending on how overripe (sweet) your bananas are, you may be able to skip the sweetener if desired.
To make this breakfast smoothie, simply add the sliced bananas, peanut butter, yogurt, almond milk, vanilla extract, and honey to a blender or a food processor.
Blend until completely smooth and combined. If you like your smoothies a little less thick, add more milk.
Pour into glasses, serve, and enjoy!
The printable recipe card with the FULL list of ingredients and instructions can be found at the bottom of this post.
NOTE: For best results, I highly recommend using the gram measurements (with a digital scale), rather than the cup measurements.
Cup measurements are simply not accurate enough, and I cannot guarantee the best results if you use them.
This Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie is:
- deliciously thick and creamy
- super quick and easy to make
- loaded with banana and peanut butter flavour
- infused with a hint of vanilla
- filling and perfect for breakfast!
Can I make this smoothie and keep it in the fridge overnight? This smoothie is best enjoyed on the day it is made, but you can keep it in the fridge, covered tightly, overnight ready for the next morning. If separation occurs, simply stir before serving.
Can I freeze this banana smoothie? Yep. Pour the smoothies into freezer-safe mason jars, and keep them in the freezer for up to 3 months. The night before you plan to have a smoothie, place a jar in the fridge to allow to defrost overnight.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram and hashtag it #marshasbakingaddiction. I’d love to see!
Try these banana recipes next!
Craving more sweet treats? Subscribe to my newsletter to receive recipe updates straight to your inbox. You can also keep up to date on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram.
Fancy something savoury? Head on over to our food blog, Simply Savoury Meals.