Peanut Butter Chip Cookies – Deliciously thick, soft, and chewy peanut butter cookies that are LOADED with flavour, and stuffed full of peanut butter chips. These super easy cookies are a peanut butter lover’s dream!
Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
Peanut butter lovers!
I have the PERFECT cookie recipe for you. Seriously, these are too good to miss.
These Peanut Butter Chip Cookies are incredibly thick, soft, and chewy. They are bursting with peanut butter flavour, and if that wasn’t enough, they are also stuffed full of peanut butter chips.
What more could you want for your peanut butter cravings??
Ingredients you’ll need
Here’s a list of ingredients you’ll need to make these cookies. You can find my recipe card at the bottom of this post for the complete list with their amounts.
- Plain/all-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Cornflour/cornstarch: Helps keep the cookies soft for days.
- Unsalted butter: Melted.
- Light brown sugar: Using more brown sugar than white sugar makes for extra chewy cookies.
- Caster/granulated sugar
- Large egg: You’ll need 1.
- Vanilla extract
- Smooth peanut butter
- Peanut butter chips: I used Reese’s.
How to make Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
To make these cookies, simply whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cornflour, and salt. Set aside.
In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together the melted butter and sugars until combined.
Add the egg, vanilla extract, and peanut butter, and mix until combined.
Add the dry ingredients, and mix until just combined. Fold in the peanut butter chips.
TIP: If you find the cookie dough too crumbly, add milk (1 tablespoon at a time) and mix until it comes together and is easier to manage.
Roll the dough into 2-oz balls (or use a medium cookie scoop), and place onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Bake for 10 – 12 minutes.
Allow to cool on the baking tray for 5 – 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
The printable recipe card with the FULL list of ingredients and instructions can be found at the bottom of this post.
NOTE: For best results, I highly recommend using the gram measurements (with a digital scale), rather than the cup measurements.
Cup measurements are simply not accurate enough, and I cannot guarantee the best results if you use them.
Shop the Recipe
Here are a few handy tools I used to make these cookies. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Baking trays
- Mixing bowls: My favourite Pyrex mixing bowls!
- Cookie scoop: Used instead of rolling the dough into balls. I used a medium cookie scoop.
- Kitchen scales: I always recommend weighing out your ingredients for complete accuracy. Sometimes using cups can be a little off, especially when it comes to ingredients like flour.
- Peanut butter chips
Browse all of my favourite Amazon products! Shop now >>
These Peanut Butter Chip Cookies are:
- so quick and easy to throw together
- deliciously thick, soft, and chewy
- LOADED with peanut butter flavour
- studded with peanut butter chips
How long will these peanut butter cookies last? These cookies will stay fresh, kept in an airtight container, at room temperature for up to 1 week. Heat one up in the microwave for a few seconds for a warm, gooey cookie.
Want freshly-baked cookies every time? Cookie dough balls can be kept in the fridge for up to 5 days, or frozen for up to 3 months. Bake straight from frozen.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram and hashtag it #marshasbakingaddiction. I’d love to see!
Try these cookies next!
- Raspberry Banana Cookies
- Chocolate Orange Brownie Cookies
- Condensed Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Coconut Macaroons
Craving more sweet treats? Subscribe to my newsletter to receive recipe updates straight to your inbox. You can also keep up to date on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram.
Fancy something savoury? Head on over to our food blog, Simply Savoury Meals.
- 2 cups (250g) plain/all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cornflour/cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (115g) unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup (150g) light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) caster/granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (125g) smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup (175g) peanut butter chips
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Line a baking tray with parchment paper or a silicone mat, and set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cornflour, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the melted butter and sugars until combined.
- Add the egg, vanilla, and peanut butter, and mix until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients, and mix until just combined. Fold in the peanut butter chips.
- TIP: If you find the cookie dough too crumbly, add milk (1 tablespoon at a time) and mix until it comes together and is easier to manage.
- Roll the dough into 2-oz balls (or use a medium cookie scoop), and place onto the prepared baking tray. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes.
- Allow to cool on the baking tray for 5 - 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Cookies stay fresh, kept in an airtight container, at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Cookie dough balls can be kept in the fridge for up to 5 days, or frozen for up to 3 months. Bake straight from frozen.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 cookies Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 214Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 141mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 5g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @MarshasBakeBlog on Instagram and hashtag it #marshasbakingaddiction