Peanut Butter & Jam Cookies – Deliciously thick and chewy peanut butter cookies that are full of flavour, and have hidden jam centres. These are the PERFECT cookies for PB&J lovers!
Peanut Butter & Jam Cookies
These cookies are thick and chewy, loaded with peanut butter flavour, and have irresistible jam centres. This is THE cookie for you PB&J lovers.
They are also super quick and easy to throw together, and you only need simple, staple ingredients.
I used seedless raspberry jam here, but you can use whichever jam you prefer!
Ingredients you’ll need
Here’s a list of ingredients you’ll need to make these cookies. You can find my recipe card at the bottom of this post for the complete list with their amounts.
- Plain/all-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Unsalted butter: Melted and cooled to room temperature.
- Brown sugar: Light or dark.
- Caster/granulated sugar
- Large egg
- Vanilla extract
- Smooth peanut butter
- Seedless jam: I used raspberry.
How to make Peanut Butter & Jam Cookies
To make these cookies, simply grab a medium mixing bowl and whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cornflour, and salt. Set aside.
In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together the melted butter and sugars until combined.
Add the egg, vanilla extract, and peanut butter, and mix until combined.
Add the dry ingredients, and fold in until completely combined. Try not to overmix.
Roll the dough into 2oz balls. Form the balls into flat circles, and place 1 teaspoon of jam into the centres. Form the dough back into balls, sealing the jam inside.
NOTE: I used about 1/2 teaspoon jam for the centres of these cookies, but you can go up to 1 teaspoon.
Place onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat, and bake for 12 – 14 minutes. Make sure to leave enough space between them (at least 2 inches), as they are big cookies.
Allow to cool on the baking tray for 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
The printable recipe card with the FULL list of ingredients and instructions can be found at the bottom of this post.
NOTE: For best results, I highly recommend using the gram measurements (with a digital scale), rather than the cup measurements.
Cup measurements are simply not accurate enough, and I cannot guarantee the best results if you use them.
These Peanut Butter & Jam Cookies are:
- deliciously thick, soft, and chewy
- super quick and easy to make
- LOADED with peanut butter flavour
- filled with jam centres
- the perfect cookies for PB&J lovers!
How long will these cookies last? These cookies will stay fresh, kept in an airtight container, at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Want freshly-baked cookies every time? Cookie dough balls, with or without jam, can be kept in the fridge for up to 5 days, or frozen for up to 3 months. Bake straight from frozen.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram and hashtag it #marshasbakingaddiction. I’d love to see!
Try these cookies next!
- Chocolate Orange Brownie Cookies
- Raspberry Banana Cookies
- Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- 2 cups (250g) plain/all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cornflour/cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (115g) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup (150g) light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) caster/granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (125g) smooth peanut butter
- 11 - 12 teaspoons seedless raspberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Line a baking tray with parchment paper or a silicone mat, and set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cornflour, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the melted butter and sugars until combined.
- Add the egg, vanilla, and peanut butter, and mix until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients, and mix until just combined - do not overmix.
- Roll the dough into 2oz balls. Form the balls into flat circles, and place 1 teaspoon of jam into the centres. Form the dough back into balls, sealing the jam inside.
- Place onto the prepared baking tray and bake for 12 - 14 minutes.
- Allow to cool on the baking tray for 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Cookies stay fresh, kept in an airtight container, at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Cookie dough balls (with or without jam) can be kept in the fridge for up to 5 days, or frozen for up to 3 months. Bake straight from frozen.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 cookies Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 298Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 200mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 5g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @MarshasBakeBlog on Instagram and hashtag it #marshasbakingaddiction