Peanut Butter & Jam Thumbprint Cookies – Deliciously soft and crispy thumbprint cookies loaded with peanut butter and filled with raspberry jam. The perfect cookies for PB&J lovers!
Today’s recipe is for all you peanut butter and jam lovers out there (me, me, me!).
These Peanut Butter & Jam Thumbprint Cookies are the perfect PB&J treats you’ll want to keep all to yourself. 😉
These cookies are thick and soft with crispy edges, they’re loaded with peanut butter flavour, and their indents are filled with sweet raspberry jam.
Ingredients you’ll need
Here’s a list of ingredients you’ll need to make these cookies. You can find my recipe card at the bottom of this post for the complete list with their amounts.
- Unsalted butter
- Smooth peanut butter
- Light brown sugar
- Caster/granulated sugar
- Large egg yolk
- Vanilla extract
- Plain/all-purpose flour
- Seedless raspberry jam: You can use a different flavour if you’d prefer.
How to make Peanut Butter & Jam Thumbprint Cookies
To make these thumbprint cookies, simply beat together the butter, peanut butter, and sugars. Add the egg yolk and vanilla, and beat until combined.
Add the flour and salt, and mix to form a soft, smooth dough.
Roll the dough into 0.7oz balls. Roll each ball in granulated sugar, and place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Use your thumb, or the back of a measuring spoon (I used a 1/2 teaspoon measuring spoon), to make an indent in the middle of each ball.
Bake for 10 – 12 minutes until firm, and lightly golden brown around the edges. The indents may have risen, so gently press them back down with the measuring spoon. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Microwave the jam until runny. Spoon into each cookie indentation, and allow the jam to cool and set before serving.
The printable recipe card with the FULL list of ingredients and instructions can be found at the bottom of this post.
NOTE: For best results, I highly recommend using the gram measurements (with a digital scale), rather than the cup measurements.
Cup measurements are simply not accurate enough, and I cannot guarantee the best results if you use them.
These Peanut Butter & Jam Thumbprint Cookies are:
- deliciously thick and soft
- super quick and easy to make
- loaded with peanut butter flavour
- filled with raspberry jam
These cookies can easily be made ahead of time, too!
How long will these thumbprint cookies last? These cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature or in the fridge for up to a week. They also freeze well for up to 3 months.
If you prefer freshly baked cookies (erm, yes!), cookie dough balls, shaped, can be frozen for up to 3 months before baked.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram and hashtag it #marshasbakingaddiction. I’d love to see!
Check out my other thumbprint cookies!
Craving more sweet treats? Subscribe to my newsletter to receive recipe updates straight to your inbox. You can also keep up to date on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram.
Fancy something savoury? Head on over to our food blog, Simply Savoury Meals.
- 1/2 cup (115g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (125g) smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup (100g) light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) caster/granulated sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/2 cups (187g) plain/all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (165g) seedless raspberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4, and line a baking tray with parchment paper, or a silicone mat. Set aside.
- Using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter, peanut butter, and sugars until light and fluffy. Add the egg yolk, and vanilla, and mix until combined.
- Add the flour, and salt, and mix to form a smooth, soft dough.
- Roll the dough into 0.7oz balls. Roll each one in granulated sugar, and place on the prepared baking tray. Use your thumb, or the back of a measuring spoon (I used a 1/2 teaspoon measuring spoon), to make an indent in the middle of each ball.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes until firm, and lightly golden brown around the edges. If the indents have risen, gently press them back down with the measuring spoon. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Add the jam to a microwave-safe bowl, and heat until runny. Spoon the jam into each cookie indentation. Allow the jam to cool/set before serving.
Cookies stay fresh in an airtight container at room temperature or in the fridge for up to 1 week. They also freeze well for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge before serving.
Cookie dough balls, shaped, can be frozen for up to 3 months before baked.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 cookies Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 131Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 55mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 2g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @MarshasBakeBlog on Instagram and hashtag it #marshasbakingaddiction