Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies – Deliciously thick and chewy chocolate brownies that are topped with a crunchy peanut butter swirl. The perfect brownies for peanut butter lovers!
Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies
Chocolate and peanut butter – one of the BEST flavour combinations, and I’m sure you’ll agree with this recipe.
These Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies are thick and fudgy, they’re chocolate-y rich, and they are generously topped with a crunchy peanut butter swirl.
They are super quick and easy to throw together, and only require simple and basic ingredients you probably already have at home. These really are the perfect brownies for peanut butter lovers!
How to make Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies
Here’s a list of ingredients you’ll need to make these brownies. You can find my recipe card at the bottom of this post for the complete list with their amounts.
- Unsalted butter
- Granulated sugar: You’ll need 1 and 1/2 cups (300g) which is the perfect amount of sugar – do not try to use less as this may affect results.
- Cocoa powder: I love and use Dr. Oetker Fine Dark Cocoa Powder.
- Large eggs: Cold, straight from the fridge.
- Plain/all-purpose flour: You only need 1/2 cup (60g) of flour. Using a small amount of flour is what makes for extra fudgy brownies.
- Chocolate chips: You can use milk, dark, or semi-sweet.
- Crunchy peanut butter: If preferred, you can use smooth peanut butter instead.
To make these brownies, start by placing the butter, sugar, cocoa powder, and salt into a microwave-safe bowl, and heating for 30 seconds.
Stir well, then continue heating in 30 second intervals (stirring after each one) until combined, and very warm/hot to the touch.
Add the eggs and vanilla, and mix well until combined, then fold in the flour until fully combined.
Gently fold in the chocolate chips, being sure not to let them ALL melt into the warm batter. Pour the batter into an 8×8-inch square baking pan lined with parchment paper, and spread out evenly.
Spoon dollops of the peanut butter on top, and create swirls through the two mixtures using a knife or toothpick.
Bake for 30 – 35 minutes, or until the centre is no longer jiggly and a toothpick inserted comes out almost clean with a few moist crumbs.
Allow to cool completely in the pan on a wire rack before cutting into squares.
The printable recipe card with the FULL list of ingredients and instructions can be found at the bottom of this post.
NOTE: For best results, I highly recommend using the gram measurements (with a digital scale), rather than the cup measurements.
Cup measurements are simply not accurate enough, and I cannot guarantee the best results if you use them.
These Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies are:
- incredibly thick and fudgy
- super quick and easy to make
- perfectly rich and chocolate-y
- topped with a crunchy peanut butter swirl
- the BEST brownies for peanut butter lovers!
How long will these brownies last? These brownies will stay fresh, stored in an airtight container, at room temperature or in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Can I freeze these brownies? Yes, they also freeze well for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge before serving.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram and hashtag it #marshasbakingaddiction. I’d love to see!