Peppermint Mocha Brownies – Deliciously thick and fudgy rich chocolate brownies infused with peppermint and coffee, and studded with crushed candy canes!
Peppermint and chocolate. A combination of flavours that just can’t be beat, in my opinion. 😉 You won’t see me turn down a minty chocolate dessert, snack or drink.
So, today I bring you a festive mint chocolate recipe – Peppermint Mocha Brownies! Yep, I’ve added a hint coffee to the recipe just for you coffee lovers. 🙂
These brownies are a quick and simple one-bowl recipe, that doesn’t require you to get your mixer out. Simply melt the butter in the microwave with the sugar, cocoa http://shopantibioticsonline.com powder, coffee, and salt, stir together, then mix in the eggs one at a time. Fold in the flour and chocolate chips, then stir in the peppermint extract. Pour into an 8×8-inch square baking pan, and bake for 45 – 60 minutes. Sprinkle with crushed candy cane and allow to cool completely before slicing. Done!
These brownies are incredibly thick and fudgy, and bursting with chocolate and peppermint flavour with a hint of coffee. You have GOT to try them this Christmas!
Peppermint Mocha Brownies
- 1 and 1/4 sticks unsalted butter 140g
- 1 and 1/2 cups granulated sugar 300g
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder 75g
- 3 - 4 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 2 large eggs cold
- 1/2 cup plain/all-purpose flour 60g
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips 90g
- 1 full-sized candy cane or 3 small ones crushed
- Preheat the oven to 170C/325F/Gas 3. Spray an 8x8-inch square baking pan with baking spray and line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place the butter, sugar, cocoa powder, instant coffee granules, and salt into a microwave-safe bowl, and microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring after each one, until the butter is melted and the mixture feels very warm to the touch.
- Mix in the eggs, one at a time. Fold in the flour until fully combined, stirring until thick and shiny. Fold in the chocolate chips (they will melt into the batter, but it's fine! It helps produce a shiny top). Stir in the peppermint extract.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and spread out evenly. Bake for 45 - 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out almost clean with a few moist crumbs. Sprinkle with crushed candy canes and allow to cool completely in the pan on a wire rack before cutting into squares.
NotesBrownies stay fresh, stored in an airtight container, in the fridge for up to 1 week. They also freeze well for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge before serving.
Did you make this recipe? Take a photo and share it on Instagram with the hashtag #marshasbakingaddiction, or tag me at @marshasbakeblog. I would love to see!