Pumpkin Bread – This incredibly moist pumpkin bread that is perfectly spiced is the BEST way to kick-start your autumn!
I’m kick-starting my autumn baking with a classic. A delicious loaf of moist pumpkin bread. The best pumpkin bread I’ve ever had – you’ve got to try it!
Ingredient for Pumpkin Bread:
- plain/all-purpose flour
- light brown sugar
- baking soda
- ground cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves
- large egg
- vanilla extract
- vegetable oil
- greek-style yogurt
- canned pumpkin puree
I love pumpkin bread! It’s definitely a favourite of mine to make and eat during autumn (any time of the year, really!). This loaf is incredibly moist from the pumpkin, vegetable oil, and the Greek-style yogurt, and it’s super easy to whip up.
Pumpkin bread stays moist and delicious for up to 5 days kept in an air-tight container, but it won’t last that long!
Make these scrumptious bread recipes next!
- 2 cups plain/all-purpose flour 250g
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar 150g
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil 60ml
- 1 cup Greek-style yogurt 240g
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree 225g
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan, and set aside.
Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and spices. Set aside.
Whisk together the egg, vanilla, vegetable oil, yogurt, and pumpkin until smooth and combined. Add the dry ingredients, and mix until just combined. Do not over-mix.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and bake for 45 - 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cover loosely with aluminium foil halfway through baking to prevent the bread from browning too much. Allow to cool completely in the pan on a wire rack before slicing and serving.
Pumpkin bread stays fresh in an air-tight container at room temperature or in the fridge for up to 5 days. It also freezes well for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge.
The calories are an estimate only.