Pumpkin Chocolate Muffins – These deliciously moist pumpkin muffins are swirled with chocolate and perfectly spiced. Enjoy with your morning tea or coffee this autumn!
Pumpkin Chocolate Muffins
I love autumn.
It’s definitely my favourite season, because I get to enjoy everything pumpkin spice, Halloween, and a whole lotta scary movies. Aaand I get to bake up all the autumn treats and desserts! Today, I’m sharing one of my favourite pumpkin recipes – Pumpkin Chocolate Muffins!
If you enjoyed my Pumpkin Bread and Pumpkin Streusel Muffins, you’ll love these muffins, because pumpkin and chocolate – what could be better?? I simply divided the pumpkin batter in half, and mixed a little cocoa powder in one, then I alternated spooning the two batters into a muffin pan. So simple, yet SO good!
Try these delicious muffins next!
- 2 cups plain/all-purpose flour 250g
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder 25g
- 3/4 cup light or dark brown sugar 150g
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil 80ml
- 1 cup Greek-style yogurt 240g
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree 225g
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6. Grease a 12-hole muffin pan well, then set aside.
Whisk together the flour, sugar,, baking soda, salt, and spices. Set aside.
Whisk together the eggs, oil, yogurt, pumpkin, and vanilla extract. Add the dry ingredients, and mix until just combined. Do not over-mix.
Add half of the batter into a separate bowl, and mix in the cocoa powder.
Alternating between the two batters, spoon into the prepared pan. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool for 5 - 10 minutes in the pan, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Muffins stay fresh in an air-tight container at room temperature or in the fridge for up to 5 days. They also freeze well for up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge.
The calories are an estimate only.