Deliciously moist pumpkin roulade filled with light and fluffy cream cheese filling!
Yep. Another pumpkin recipe over here. I’m all about pumpkin right now!
Today I bring you Pumpkin & Cream Cheese Roulade. I love roulades – they are really easy to make, tasty, and always look impressive. Don’t you just love simple recipes, that look like you put a lot more work into it? I sure do!
Rolling the cake may seem daunting, but I’ve written the instructions clear and simple for you. Trust me, it only looks hard!
This pumpkin cake is incredibly moist and delicious, and it’s filled with light and fluffy, melt-in-your-mouth sweet cream cheese filling. This pumpkin roulade is perfect for autumn!
- 1 cup plain flour 125g
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar 200g
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree 120g
- 1 and 1/4 cups icing sugar 175g, sifted
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter 60g, softened
- 1 cup cream cheese 225g
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325F/170C. Line a 13x9" swiss roll tin with parchment paper.
- Sift the flour, cinnamon and baking soda together and set aside.
- Using a hand/stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk the eggs and sugar together until pale, fluffy and doubled in volume. Fold the pumpkin puree into the mixture, then fold in the dry ingredients.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin, and bake for 15 minutes, or until the sponge bounces back when lightly touched.
- Dust a clean tea towel with icing sugar. Loosen the edges of the cake and invert the sponge onto the tea towel. Beginning at the narrow edge of the sponge, roll the sponge and towel up together. Cool completely on a wire rack, seam side down.
- Using a hand/stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, gradually mix the icing sugar and butter together on low speed until it forms a sandy consistency.
- Add a little of the cream cheese to loosen the mixture and beat until smooth. Add the rest of the cream cheese and mix on low speed until incorporated. Mix in the vanilla extract, then turn up the speed and beat the filling until light and fluffy.
- Once the cake has cooled, gently unroll and carefully peel off the paper from the top of the sponge. Spread the cream cheese filling evenly over the inside of the sponge roll. Re-roll the sponge without the tea towel and dust with icing sugar just before serving.
This post contains affiliate links.