Soft and moist vanilla sponge cake, layered with raspberry jam and rolled up!
Today I bring you another cake roll recipe – Raspberry Jam Swiss Roll! Not autumn themed, but this traditional Swiss roll can be enjoyed throughout the year. Any day, any occasion, this roll is always a crowd pleaser.
This deliciously moist Swiss roll would look great alongside this Pumpkin and Cream Cheese Roulade on the table at your Halloween party!
If you’re not a fan of raspberry jam, you can use any jam you like. If you’re not a fan of jam at all, why not try this Swiss roll with your favourite spread? Nutella Swiss roll… Why not? 😉
Whatever you decide to do, I hope you enjoy this cake as much as I do! Now, I’m going to go grab a slice, and have it with my hot mug of tea…
Raspberry Jam Swiss RollPrint
- 4 large eggs separated
- 180 g granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 120 g plain flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Icing sugar for dusting
- 160 g smooth raspberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C. Line a 13x9" Swiss roll pan with parchment paper, then set aside.
- Using a hand or stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk the egg whites until stiff but not dry or overbeaten. Set aside.
- Using the whisk again, mix the egg yolks on high speed until pale. Gradually add the sugar and vanilla. Mix until pale and fluffy.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to the wet mixture and fold in until incorporated, then gently fold in the egg whites.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and bake for 10 - 15 minutes or until light golden-brown in colour.
- Dust a clean tea towel with icing sugar. Loosen the edges of the cake and invert the sponge onto the towel. Gently roll the sponge and the towel up together. Cool on a wire rack, seam side down, for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Once cooled, gently unroll, peel away the paper and spread the raspberry jam over the inside of the sponge. Re-roll the sponge without the tea towel and dust with icing sugar just before serving.