Rolo Peanut Butter Blossoms – Deliciously thick and chewy peanut butter cookies coated in granulated sugar, and have a Rolo candy pressed in the centres!
Happy New Year, friends!
Has is seriously taken me nearly 2 years to put up a blossom cookie recipe on the blog?? Well, to make up for it, today I bring you these delicious Rolo Peanut Butter Blossoms. There. 😉
Ingredients for Rolo Peanut Butter Blossoms:
- plain OR all-purpose flour
- baking soda
- unsalted butter
- caster OR granulated sugar
- light brown sugar
- large egg
- smooth peanut butter
- vanilla extract
- Rolos (or any other chocolate caramel candies)
Chocolate, caramel, and peanut butter come together beautifully in these cookies. Classic peanut butter blossoms may be made for the Christmas cookie tray, but I like to enjoy these all year round. These soft-baked peanut butter cookies with or without the Rolo are absolutely scrumptious!
Instead of Rolos, you can use Hershey’s Kisses, or even mini peanut butter cups!
Try these peanut butter recipes next!
- 1 and 1/2 cups (190g) plain/all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (115g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup (50g) caster/granulated sugar, and some extra for coating
- 1/2 cup (100g) light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 3/4 cup (190g) smooth peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 25 Rolos
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Line a baking tray with parchment paper or a silicone mat, and set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter until creamy. Add the sugars and beat until smooth and creamy. Add the egg and beat until combined. Add the peanut butter and vanilla, and beat until combined. Fold in the dry ingredients.
- Roll the dough into 1-oz balls, roll in granulated sugar, and place on the prepared baking tray 2-inches apart.
- Bake for 8 - 10 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Press a Rolo into each cookie and allow to cool on the baking tray for 5 - 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Cookies stay fresh covered at room temperature for up to 1 week. They also freeze well for up to 3 months. Cookie dough balls freeze well for up to 3 months. Bake for an extra minute, no need to thaw.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 25 cookies Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 150Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 124mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @MarshasBakeBlog on Instagram and hashtag it #marshasbakingaddiction