Rolo Peanut Butter Blossoms – Deliciously thick and chewy peanut butter cookies coated in granulated sugar, and have a Rolo candy pressed in the centres!
Happy New Year, friends!
Has is seriously taken me nearly 2 years to put up a blossom cookie recipe on the blog?? Well, to make up for it, today I bring you these delicious Rolo Peanut Butter Blossoms. There. 😉
Chocolate, caramel, and peanut butter come together beautifully in these cookies. Classic peanut butter blossoms may be made for the Christmas cookie tray, but I like to enjoy these all year round. These soft-baked peanut butter cookies with or without the Rolo are absolutely scrumptious! Instead of Rolos, you can use Hershey’s Kisses, or even mini peanut butter cups!
Enjoy, and here’s to a wonderful, fun-filled 2017! 🙂
Rolo Peanut Butter Blossoms
- 1 and 1/2 cups plain/all-purpose flour 190g
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter 115g, softened
- 1/4 cup caster/granulated sugar 50g, and some extra for coating
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar 100g
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter 190g
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 25 Rolos
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Line a baking tray with parchment paper or a silicone mat, and set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter until creamy. Add the sugars and beat until smooth and creamy. Add the egg and beat until combined. Add the peanut butter and vanilla, and beat until combined. Fold in the dry ingredients.
- Roll the dough into 1-oz balls, roll in granulated sugar, and place on the prepared baking tray 2-inches apart. Bake for 8 - 10 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Press a Rolo into each cookie and allow to cool on the baking tray for 5 - 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
NotesCookies stay fresh covered at room temperature for up to 1 week. They also freeze well for up to 3 months.Cookie dough balls freeze well for up to 3 months. Bake for an extra minute, no need to thaw.
Did you make this recipe? Take a photo and share it on Instagram with the hashtag #marshasbakingaddiction, or tag me at @marshasbakeblog. I would love to see!