Soft, chewy, thick gingerbread spiced blondies stuffed with Rolos!
How was your Christmas? Did Santa bring you what you wanted?!
If you’re still looking for a pretty, festive recipe to bring to the table/share with the family for New Year’s, try these Rolo Stuffed Gingerbread Blondies! It’s such a quick, and simple recipe, you just throw all the ingredients together in one bowl, combine, bake for 20 minutes, and you’re done!
If you, and your family love gingerbread and chocolate caramel, you will love these gingerbread Rolo stuffed blondies. Gingerbread is one of my favourite festive flavours, and I can never say no to a recipe with caramel. These were definitely a hit in my house!
These blondies may be festive with the gingerbread spices, but I can tell you now, I’ll be making these throughout the year coming. Soft, chewy, thick, gingerbread blondies stuffed with Rolos. Not to mention, quick and easy to make. How could I not??
If you make anything this New Year’s, make it these delicious Rolo Stuffed Gingerbread Blondies.
Rolo Stuffed Gingerbread BlondiesPrint
- 75 g unsalted butter softened
- 1 large egg
- 40 g molasses
- 100 g light brown sugar
- 50 g granulated sugar
- 140 g plain flour
- 2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- About 36 Rolos
- A handful of chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350/176C. Line an 8x8" pan with aluminium foil, and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter, egg, molasses, and sugars until smooth and creamy. Add the flour, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, and salt, and mix until just combined. Drop half the batter into the prepared pan, and smooth out with a spatula. Place the Rolos on top, then drop the rest of the batter, and smooth out again. Don't worry if you can't cover all the Rolos, the batter will spread and fill the gaps during baking.
- Bake for 15 - 20 minutes until golden brown, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean with moist crumbs. Do not over-bake, blondies firm up as they cool. Place the pan on a wire rack, press the chocolate chips on top, and leave to cool completely before slicing, and serving.