Soft and Chewy Lemon Cream Cheese Cookies – Deliciously soft, chewy, and thick cookies made with cream cheese for extra softness, and infused with lemon!
The weather’s all over the place here in the UK. It’s very warm, yet we are still getting plenty of rain – typical. (I do enjoy the odd thunderstorm we get though!) Rain or not, the hot weather makes me want to bake with citrusy fruits, and bake with them I will. 😉
Soft and Chewy Lemon Cream Cheese Cookies
Today I bring you cookies that are made for summertime, perfect for those hot days – Lemon Cream Cheese Cookies! I’ve topped these cookies with a delicious lemon glaze and a sprinkle of lemon zest for an added burst of citrus in every bite.
Love lemon desserts? You need these cookies in your life!
The cream cheese added to these cookies makes them extra soft and moist without actually making them taste like cream cheese. In fact, I find it makes these cookies taste more buttery! Bonus!
The lemon glaze takes these cookies to the next level, giving them a burst of sunshine in every bite! It’s super easy to make, too. Simply mix the icing sugar with a few teaspoons of lemon juice until you reach your desired consistency, then drizzle over the cookies.
Next step: Devour the cookies!
More cookies to try next!
- Cheesecake Stuffed Double Chocolate Cookies
- One Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Chocolate Chip Coffee Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter 115g, mostly melted
- 1/4 cup cream cheese 50g, softened
- 3/4 cup caster/granulated sugar 150g
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 2 cups plain/all-purpose flour 250g
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cornflour/cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Zest of 1 lemon optional
- 1 cup icing/powdered sugar 125g
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4, and line a baking tray with parchment paper, or a silicone mat. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, cornflour, baking soda, salt, and lemon zest. Set aside.
- Whisk together the butter, cream cheese, and sugar. Add the egg and mix until combined, then mix in the lemon extract. Fold in the dry ingredients.
- Roll the dough into 1.5oz balls, about 14 - 15 balls, and place on the prepared baking tray. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes. Allow to cool on the baking tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Mix together the icing sugar and lemon juice until smooth and combined. Add more juice to reach desired consistency if needed. Drizzle the glaze over the cooled cookies, and enjoy!
Cookies stay fresh, kept in an airtight container, at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Cookie dough balls can be kept in the fridge for up to 5 days, or frozen for up to 3 months. Bake from frozen for an extra minute.
The calories are an estimate only.