Soft and Chewy Monster Cookies – Deliciously thick, soft and chewy peanut butter cookies stuffed full of oats, M&Ms, and chocolate chips!
Monster cookies are peanut butter cookies that have oats, M&Ms, and chocolate chips in them. Basically ALL my favourite cookie add-ins. Today I bring you my recipe for Monster Cookies.
They are super thick, soft, and chewy, and stuffed full of those delicious add-ins – just how they should be.
These cookies are so quick and easy to throw together and bake. No mixer required, and no chilling of the dough – just mix and bake!
How to make Soft and Chewy Monster Cookies
Ingredients you’ll need:
- plain/all-purpose flour
- porridge oats
- baking powder
- baking soda
- unsalted butter
- caster/granulated sugar
- light or dark brown sugar
- large egg
- vanilla extract
- smooth peanut butter
- chocolate M&M’s
- chocolate chips
To make these cookies, simply whisk together the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the butter and sugars until combined. Add the egg, vanilla, and peanut butter, and mix until combined.
Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined, then fold in the M&Ms and chocolate chips.
Roll the dough into 1.5oz balls, place onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat, and bake for 8 – 10 minutes. The cookies will be very soft, but will firm up as they cool.
Allow to cool on the baking tray for 5 – 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Scroll down for the FULL printable recipe. 🙂
These Soft and Chewy Monster Cookies are:
- super quick and easy to make
- loaded with peanut butter flavour
- stuffed FULL of M&M’s and chocolate chips
How long will these Monster Cookies last? These cookies stay fresh kept in an airtight container, at room temperature for up to 1 week.
For freshly-baked cookies every time, you can keep the cookie dough balls in the fridge for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months. Bake straight from frozen!
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram and hashtag it #marshasbakingaddiction. I’d love to see! ♥
Try these delicious cookies next!
- 4-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cookies
- Chocolate Orange Slice ‘n’ Bake Cookies
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Russian Tea Cakes
- 1 and 1/2 cups plain/all-purpose flour 190g
- 1 cup porridge oats 90g
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter 115g, melted
- 1/2 cup caster/granulated sugar 100g
- 1/4 cup light or dark brown sugar 50g
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter 125g
- 3/4 cup M&Ms 150g
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips 90g
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4, and line a baking tray with parchment paper, or a silicone mat. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
Whisk together the butter and sugars until combined. Add the egg, vanilla, and peanut butter, and mix until combined. Add the dry ingredients, and mix until just combined. Fold in the M&Ms and chocolate chips.
Roll the dough into 1.5oz balls, place on the prepared baking tray, and bake for 8 - 10 minutes until barely browned around the edges. They will be very soft, but will firm up as they cool.
- Allow to cool on the baking tray for 5 - 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Cookies stay fresh, kept in an airtight container, at room temperature for up to 1 week. Cookie dough balls can be kept in the fridge for up to 5 days, or frozen for up to 3 months. Bake straight from frozen.
The calories are an estimate only.