Sticky Toffee Banana Cake – A deliciously moist and fluffy cake that is loaded with banana flavour, and topped with a sticky toffee glaze and banana slices!
If you’re a fan of banana bread, then you are gonna fall in love with this Sticky Toffee Banana Cake.
This cake is incredibly moist and fluffy, it’s LOADED with banana flavour, and topped with a simple sticky toffee glaze. Top with banana slices for added flavour and looks, and you have yourself the ultimate banana cake!
It’s also baked in a rectangle cake pan for simplicity and convenience. You banana lovers are absolutely gonna love this cake, and will want to make it time and time again.
How to make Sticky Toffee Banana Cake
Ingredients you’ll need:
- Cake flour: See my recipe notes below on how to make your own cake flour!
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Ground cinnamon: Optional, but it’s wonderful paired with the banana flavour.
- Large eggs: You’ll need 3.
- Light brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Vegetable oil: We are using vegetable oil instead of butter for extra moisture.
- Greek-style yogurt: Makes for a moist cake.
- Bananas: You’ll need 6 – 7 large bananas. 3 mashed, and 3 – 4 sliced for topping the cake.
For the sticky toffee glaze, you’ll need:
- Unsalted butter
- Golden syrup: A good alternative is light corn syrup.
To make this cake, simply start by whisking together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs. Add the brown sugar, and whisk until combined. Add the vanilla, oil, yogurt, and mashed banana, whisk until combined, then gradually fold in the dry ingredients.
Pour the batter into a well-greased 13×9-inch cake pan. Place the banana slices evenly on top, and bake for about 25 – 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean, and the cake is pulling away from the sides of the pan. Set the pan aside onto a wire rack whilst preparing the glaze.
For the sticky toffee glaze, add the butter and golden syrup into a microwave-safe bowl, and heat in 30 second intervals, stirring after each one, until the butter has melted and the mixture is boiling hot. If desired, you can do this step in a pan on the oven stove too (stirring constantly).
Pour the glaze over the top of the hot cake and tilt the pan back and forth to cover the entire surface in an even layer. You may need to spread some in places the cake has rose up. Leave the cake to cool completely in the pan before slicing and serving.
The glaze will seep into the cake as its cooling down, making for an extra flavourful and moist cake!
Scroll down for the FULL printable recipe.
This Sticky Toffee Banana Cake is:
- super quick and easy to throw together
- incredibly moist and fluffy
- LOADED with banana flavour with a hint of cinnamon
- topped with a sweet sticky toffee glaze and banana slices
- perfect for banana lovers with a sweet tooth!
How long will this banana cake last? This cake and any leftovers can be stored, covered tightly, at room temperature or in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Can I freeze this cake? Yes! It can also be frozen for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge. Serve warm or at room temperature.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram and hashtag it #marshasbakingaddiction. I’d love to see! ♥