Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffins – Deliciously moist vanilla muffins that are stuffed full of strawberries and chocolate chips!
Muffins for breakfast, anyone? Today, I bring you these deliciously moist Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffins! Vanilla muffins full of strawberries and chocolate chips. Mmmmm.
Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffins
These muffins are super quick and easy to throw together, and can also be made a day in advance to enjoy the next morning. Just pop one in the microwave for a few seconds, and devour a warm, moist and fluffy muffin bursting with juicy strawberries and melty chocolate chips. The BEST way to start your day!
Try these delicious recipes for breakfast next!
- 2 cups plain/all-purpose flour 250g
- 3/4 cup caster/granulated sugar 150g
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil 80ml
- 1 cup Greek-style yogurt 240g
- 1 cup fresh strawberries 200g, chopped
- 1 cup chocolate chips 175g
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6. Line a 12-hole muffin pan with muffin cases, then set aside.
Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
Whisk together the egg, vanilla, vegetable oil, and yogurt. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and mix until just combined. Gently fold in the strawberries and chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 12 muffin cases, and bake for 15 - 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the pan, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Muffins stay fresh in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. They also freeze well for up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge.
The calories are an estimate only.