Strawberry Lemon Crumb Bars – Deliciously thick and chewy bars that are oh so buttery and crumbly, and filled with homemade strawberry lemon jam!
Hey guys! Today, I bring you these scrumptious Strawberry Lemon Crumb Bars, because who doesn’t love fruit and oats?? And those delicious, buttery crumbs… Mmmm.
Ingredients for Strawberry Lemon Crumb Bars:
- fresh strawberries
- juice from 1 lemon
- caster/granulated sugar
- plain/all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- light brown sugar
- rolled oats
- unsalted butter
These crumb bars are super easy to make, and I could eat these crumbs from the bowl they are that good. 😉 The homemade strawberry jam with a hint of lemon only contains 4 ingredients, and is so delicious and not overly sweet. The perfect filling for these bars!
So, if you love strawberries and buttery crumbs like I do, you have GOT to try these Strawberry Lemon Crumb Bars.
More delicious bars to make next!
- 1 and 1/4 cups fresh strawberries 250g/9oz, roughly crushed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon cornflour/cornstarch
- 1/4 cup caster/granulated sugar 50g
- 1 and 1/2 cups plain/all-purpose flour 190g
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar 150g
- 1 and 1/2 cups rolled oats 135g
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter 170g, softened
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the crushed strawberries, lemon juice, cornflour, and sugar. Stir constantly until the mixture have thickened. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Line an 8x8-inch square baking pan with aluminium foil, and spray with baking spray. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the brown sugar, and oats. Add the butter, and using your fingertips, work the butter into the mixture until moist and crumbly. Press half of the mixture into the prepared pan, and bake for 15 minutes until lightly browned. Spread the strawberry mixture on top, then sprinkle with the remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake for 30 - 35 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow to cool completely in the pan on a wire rack before cutting into bars.
Bars will stay fresh in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. They also freeze well for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge before serving.
The calories are an estimate only.