Soft and chewy crinkled ginger cookies dipped in creamy white chocolate!
Bring on the festive baking! Let me start it off with these deliciously chewy crinkled ginger cookies, dipped in creamy white chocolate. I just love the smell of my kitchen as these cookies bake…
This is a super easy recipe to throw together. No need to get the electric mixer out, just simply throw all the ingredients together and whisk!
Ginger cookies have been one of my favourites ever since I was little. I love them dipped in a cup of tea, or a glass of milk 😉
White Chocolate Dipped Ginger Cookies
- 1 and 1/4 cups granulated sugar 250g
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil 150ml
- 1/4 cup molasses 80g
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 3/4 cups plain flour 218g
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Granulated sugar for rolling
- 3 cups white chocolate chips 525g
- Preheat the oven to 350F/176C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper, or a silicone mat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the sugar, oil, molasses, egg, and vanilla until combined. Add in the dry ingredients, and mix until just combined.
- Roll the dough into 18 small balls (the dough may be a little sticky, damp your hands with warm water to make it more manageable). Fill a small bowl with granulated sugar, and roll each ball in the sugar until it is completely coated. Place the balls on the prepared baking tray, about 2 inches apart. Bake for 8 - 10 minutes, until the cookies start to crack on top. Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add the chocolate chips. Microwave on high in 10 second intervals, stirring between intervals, until melted.
- Dip half of a cooled cookie in the melted chocolate, then place on baking paper, and leave to set. Repeat with all the cookies.