White Chocolate Lava Cakes – These little cakes have a soft and fluffy crumb and an irresistibly gooey white chocolate centre. The ultimate individual chocolate desserts!
White Chocolate Lava Cakes
White chocolate lovers – this recipe’s for you!
If you enjoyed my Chocolate Molten Cakes, then you’re gonna love this white chocolate version.
These small individual cakes are deliciously soft and fluffy, and have an absolutely irresistible gooey white chocolate centre.
They’re quick and easy to make, and only require a few simple ingredients you probably already have at home. These really are the ultimate individual chocolate desserts!
Ingredients you’ll need
Here’s a list of ingredients you’ll need to make these cakes. You can find my recipe card at the bottom of this post for the complete list with their amounts.
- White chocolate: High quality white chocolate that you enjoy eating on its own. I love and recommend Lindt and Callebaut.
- Unsalted butter
- Large eggs: You’ll want 2 eggs, plus 2 egg yolks.
- Vanilla extract
- Icing/powdered sugar
- Plain/all-purpose flour
How to make White Chocolate Lava Cakes
To make these cakes, simply add the white chocolate and butter to a large microwave-safe bowl and heat in 20 second intervals, stirring after each one, until melted and smooth.
Add the eggs, egg yolks, and vanilla extract, and whisk until combined. Add the icing sugar and flour, and whisk until smooth and combined.
Divide the mixture between four greased 4-oz ramekins. Bake for 12 – 14 minutes, or until the sides of the cakes are firm, and the centres are still soft and gooey.
Once baked, carefully run a knife around the edges of each cake, then turn them out onto serving plates and serve warm.
If desired, serve with a scoop of ice cream.
The printable recipe card with the FULL list of ingredients and instructions can be found at the bottom of this post.
NOTE: For best results, I highly recommend using the gram measurements (with a digital scale), rather than the cup measurements.
Cup measurements are simply not accurate enough, and I cannot guarantee the best results if you use them.
Tools you’ll need
Here are a few handy tools I used to make these cakes. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Mixing bowls
- 4-oz ramekins
- Baking tray: To place the ramekins on.
- Kitchen scales: I always recommend weighing out your ingredients for complete accuracy. Sometimes using cups can be a little off, especially when it comes to ingredients like flour.
These White Chocolate Lava Cakes are:
- super quick and easy to make
- deliciously soft and fluffy
- filled with gooey white chocolate centres
- the ultimate individual chocolate desserts
Want to make these cakes ahead of time? Simply prepare the pudding and divide between the ramekins.
Cover tightly with clingfilm and keep refrigerated for up to 24 hours. Bake when ready to serve.
If you try this recipe, let us know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram and hashtag it #marshasbakingaddiction. I’d love to see!
Try these delicious cakes next!
- Chocolate Orange Bundt Cake
- Carrot Cake Bars with Cream Cheese Swirl
- Sticky Toffee Banana Cake
- Microwave Chocolate Mug Cake